T-Link® Technology Demo
T-Link® is our advanced engineering thermoplastic resin that combines superior adhesion with the processing characteristics of a thermoplastic.
- High-stiffness matrix material that remains impact resistant when consolidated into continuous fiber composites
- Can be co-processed with ballistic materials such as glass, para-aramids, and UHMW-PE to increase performance and rigidity
- Allows for materials with lower ply count, hence reducing weight and profile thickness
- Does not require refrigeration
- Reduces the layup and process time resulting in lower labor costs
- Lower processing temperatures won’t damage natural fibers
- Transparent, pigmentable, and recyclable
- Can be co-molded with dissimilar materials
- Superior bond strength to a wide range of substrates
Create stronger reinforcement
T-Link® comes in pellet form and is both injection moldable and extrudable. The recyclable resin is typically used in other formulations as a toughener. T-Link® is unique in that it has a high strain-to-failure and exhibits excellent adhesive properties.
These attributes make T-Link® resin an ideal solution for composite manufacturers that are seeking a highly customizable composite reinforcement that will be strong and not suffer from brittle failure.
Dry-to-the-touch for easy handling
T-Link® film is a dry-to-the-touch, engineered thermoplastic adhesive that demonstrates 99% optical clarity, therefore, it does not disrupt intended color and allows for light transmission where applicable.
T-Link® film can be processed with traditional press equipment and has a short cycle time for bonding, does not require refrigeration, and has a long shelf life. Additionally, it has low odor and is printable and pigmentable.
Create stronger composite reinforcement
You can use T-Link® in micropellet form as binder resin for textile and nonwoven industry, or as the particulate heat activated adhesive for composite manufacturing. Our resin is unique in that it has a high strain-to-failure up to 40 percent and exhibits excellent adhesive properties.
The recyclable T-Link® powder offers a particle size distribution of 600-800 microns and has a long shelf life.
Reinforcement for textile applications
Our novel T-Link® yarn and monofilaments are used as a vehicle to introduce a resin into an advanced composite fabric in order to achieve high strength, toughness, and ease of use. T-Link® yarn can effectively be co-woven or sewn into textile applications to make a dry thermoplastic composite with targeted and precise control of resin content.
Download L&L Products resources on T-Link® and find out more about the enabling technology that can help you go beyond limits.
- T-Link Overview Line Card (PDF)
- T-Link Selector Guide (PDF)
- T-Link Film Line Card (PDF)
- T-Link Micropellets Line Card (PDF)
- T-Link Pellets Line Card (PDF)
- T-Link Ballistic Helmet Case Study (PDF)
- T-Link Yarn Line Card (PDF)
- T-Link® Expands Design & Processability for Armor While Providing Better Performance by Weight (VIDEO)
March 05-07, 2024
JEC World 2024Read more
Stuttgart, Germany ,
June 18-20, 2024
The Battery Show EuropeRead more
June 25-27, 2024
Adhesives & Bonding Expo (ABX)Read more
San Diego, CA,
September 09-12, 2024
CAMX 2024Read more
October 08-10, 2024
The Battery Show North AmericaRead more
Here is a great team at your disposal and excited to connect with you.
Please leave your contact details and a short message in the form. We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.